Applications Now Open
The MTA WA is a registered Group Training Organisation and has a number of Automotive Mechanical, Panel Beater and Spray Painter available in the metropolitan area.
Group Training - The Employers Choice
AIT is a registered Group Training Organisation. We take the hassle out of employing your next apprentice, ensuring they are the "perfect fit" for your business requirements. We employ your apprentice and provide constant monitoring and communication throughout the apprenticeship period.
You will only need to pay an hourly charge-out rate, as set out in the appropriate Award, according to the hours worked by the apprentice/trainee within your workplace. You do not pay for the apprentice/trainee's time at off-the-job training, any leave or superannuation. We take the hassle out of having an apprentice and provide:
- Four (4) weeks annual leave
- 17.5% annual loading
- Public holidays in accordance with award entitlements
- Sick and bereavement leave in accordance with award entitlements
- Attendance at trade school
- School fees
- Superannuation in accordance with Superannuation Guarantee Act
- Tool kit
- Administration of Work Cover premiums (where applicable)
- Training Contracts and Government liaison
In addition, trade qualified and experienced Field Officers regularly visit workplaces to monitor the progress of apprentices/trainees, discuss any issues that arise and mediate as required.
You only need to spend time on what matters most—training your apprentice or trainee in the workplace!
What employers say about Group Training
"Recruiting my apprentices through the Automotive Institute of Technology is probably the best thing that I have done. Before that, I used to find apprentices through advertising on seek.com.au or in the newspaper.
We've used the Institute for about a year now and their students are better – their attitude, their skills, everything. It's more of a serious process with them and it's easier to get somebody who's already been tested. So we tell them the kind of profile we want and they are able to supply the right person."
"We recruit them through MTA WA and have done for at least the past 10 years, probably longer. When we’re ready to select an apprentice, or when we’re due to take on an apprentice, we give the MTA WA a call and they’ll do the initial screening. We’ll be sent one, two or three apprentices that our MTA training representative thinks is suitable for our business. Immediately that saves us time, and we have a choice of people hand-selected for our business.
We have one apprentice who’s outside the MTA system – that was his choice due to the location of the training centre. Last year, this apprentice injured his back in his personal time but that led to four months off work, which was a bit of a strain on the business. Under normal arrangements with MTA we could have had options to replace him."
How does the Institute's Group Training select apprentices?
To assist you secure the best person for the job, we recruit our apprentices using tried and tested means to measure suitability for the trade and the business.
We ensure the following:
- Aptitude testing of each applicant to make sure they are able to cope with the training program;
- Screen each applicant against the requirements of the business;
- Send the employer a vetted short-list of applicants to choose an apprentice;
- Manage the apprentice throughout the apprenticeship; and
- Save the business time and money.
What's involved for the Host Employer in Group Training?
If you choose the Group Training option for your apprentice or trainee there are a number of items Institute requires of you as a Host Employer. These requirements are as follows:
- Provide training and work to the apprentice/trainee relevant to the apprenticeship/traineeship.
- Check and sign time sheets for hours worked.
- Ensure the apprentice/trainee attends all off-the-job training at the Institute.
- Allow the Institute Field Officer access to the apprentice/trainee during working hours to discuss his or her progress.
- Notify the Institute immediately of any accident/incident.
- Pay the weekly Institute invoice within 7 days of receipt of invoice.
Want more information?