All individuals who sell motor vehicles must hold a valid Sales Person Licence as outlined in the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973.
To attain your licence you need to complete these simple steps:
- Complete the MTA WA Salesperson Licencing Course.
- Pass the open book test at the end of the course.
- Apply to the Department of Commerce for your Sales Person Licence
Why Choose MTA WA
MTA WA is the peak industry group for the State’s automotive industry. Since 1934 we’ve been advocating for and developing the sector making us the undisputed experts in all areas of the motor industry. We are key advisors to government in the review and practical implementation of the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act.
We’re the number one choice for WA dealerships, training over 350 sales people, yard managers and dealers a year.
At MTA WA we believe that it’s the experience, knowledge and service provided by our training team which ensures that graduates from our Sales and Yard Manager/Dealer Courses are equipped with the knowledge they need to fulfil the day to day activities of the role.
MTA WA is the only trainer with decades of experience and in-depth knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act.
- Choose online or in-person training.
- Our licencing course is developed and delivered by industry experienced sales people with real life knowledge of the application of the Dealers Act.
- We are dedicated to providing you with the skills and regulatory knowledge you need to be a successful salesperson.
- We provide expert advice on call after the course.
- We use the latest sales forms and teach attendees how to complete them.
- Our training material is regularly updated to reflect current application of the Act and policy changes by the Department of Commerce.
By completeing this course you will learn:
- The legal requirements for motor vehicle salespeople under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973
- The roles of the Departments of Transport, Commerce and Consumer Protection Division
- Statutory warranty obligations on the sale of used vehicles.
- Australian Consumer Law and its application on vehicle sales.
- The correct use and completion of required documentation in the acquisition and sale of motor vehicles.
- General information relating to trade plates; law of contract; trading hours; motor vehicle advertising; and workplace health and safety.
Customer feedback - In Person Training
“I thoroughly enjoyed doing this course and meeting my trainer face-to-face. My trainer, Tony Bradshaw was amazing and so helpful, friendly and considerate to all. I would recommend this course to anyone.”
Debbie Bryan, Mid City Caravans.
“Your hospitality and the venue were excellent. Also thanks to Tony for his presentation. He is an excellent trainer and manages to keep the course interesting and ”
Cole Trinder, Bran Manager, Truck Centre WA.
Thanks Sarah and Tony for your fantastic training and accreditation to all of my new team members. The venue, hospitality and course curriculum is first class. All of my staff come back to the dealership richer for the experience as the training provided is detailed, enjoyable and adaptive to all learning styles. An absolute must for the ”
Stephen Couri, General Manager, Fraser Motorcycle Perth.
Get Started Now!
The Salesperson Licensing Course is offered online or in person. Choose the training option that best suits your needs.