All individuals who sell motor vehicles must hold a valid Sales Person Licence as outline in the Motor Vehicles Dealers Act 1973.
To attain your licence you need to complete these simple steps:
- Complete the MTA WA Salesperson Licencing Course.
- Pass the open book test at the end of the course.
- Apply to the Department of Commerce for your Sales Person Licence
By completing this course you will learn:
- The legal requirements for motor vehicle salespeople under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973.
- The roles of the Departments of Transport, Commerce and Consumer Protection Division.
- Statutory warranty obligations on the sale of used vehicles.
- Australian Consumer Law and its application on vehicle sales.
- The correct use and completion of required documentation in the acquisition and sale of motor vehicles.
- General information relating to trade plates; law of contract; trading hours; motor vehicle advertising; and workplace health and safety.
Non MTA WA Member - $495 (incl GST)
MTA WA Member - $475 (incl GST)
If you are a member, please ensure you are logged in first to access the member log in area and receive your member discount.