Yard Manager & Dealer Licensing
The Motor Vehicles Dealers Act 1973 requires a valid Dealer Licence to be held by all individual/s or a company engaged in the business of buying or selling certain vehicles. A Yard Manager is an individual employed or engaged by a Dealer to manage or supervise the Dealer's business of buying and/or selling vehicles. To attain your licence you need to complete these simple steps:
- Enrol in the MTA WA Yard Manager/Dealer Licencing Course.
- Pass the open book test at the end of the course.
- Apply to the Department of Commerce for your Dealer Licence
It is recommended that the applicant has successfully completed the Sales Person Licensing Course before attempting the Yard Manager/Dealer Licensing Course
By completing this course you will learn:
- The legal requirements and responsibilities of motor vehicle yard managers and dealers under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973.
- The roles of the Departments of Transport, Commerce and Consumer Protection Division.
- Licensing requirements for motor vehicle dealers.
- Statutory warranty obligations for motor vehicle dealers.
- Application of the Australian Consumer Law in relation to motor vehicle retailing.
- The correct use of regulatory documentation in acquisition and sales of motor vehicles.Law of contract.
- Creating legally compliant advertising.
- Legal requirements of consignment selling.
Non MTA WA Member - $495 (incl GST)
MTA WA Member - $475 (incl GST)
If you are a member, please ensure you are logged in first to access the member log in area and receive your member discount.